Cadbury World Terms and Conditions of Entry
UK Branch trading as Cadbury World, Linden Road, Bournville, Birmingham B30 2LU
About Cadbury World:
Cadbury World is a self-guided experience.
Note that Cadbury World is located in the grounds of the original Cadbury factory, but due to the nature of the modern production process, is not a tour of the factory itself. Instead you’ll discover the history and the magic behind Cadbury confectionery, as you journey through an assortment of chocolatey themed zones. To find out more about what you’ll see at Cadbury World, visit our Explore pages here.
Opening Times and Tour Duration:
- See here for opening times and dates. Cadbury World will close 1.5 hours after the last published entry time on the day of your visit.
- On average, your self-guided tour of Cadbury World will take approximately 3 hours to complete and includes the main attraction (1.5 hours), 4D Chocolate Adventure, The Bournville Experience, Cadbury World Catering facilities, The Cadbury World Shop and the African Adventure play area. Visits can be longer at busier times during weekends and school holidays.
- See here for information on how to book tickets.
- All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, not for resale and cannot be exchanged once booked. Tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused for any reason as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Tickets are only valid for the time and date printed on the ticket. If you arrive later than your booked time, we will do our best to accommodate you but this may not be possible and you may be turned away.
- Tickets are for general admission to Cadbury World only and not for the Chocolatier Experience, Character Dining or Afternoon Tea which should be booked separately or as a package in advance – see here for more information.
- No child aged 15 or under will be allowed entry to Cadbury World unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and all children must whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
- Tickets can either be printed or ticket barcodes can be scanned from a mobile phone on arrival at the exhibition. If you have any difficulty printing out your ticket, and are unable to present your ticket QR codes on a mobile phone, simply bring your order reference number with you to the Cadbury World reception desk, at least 10 minutes before your booked entry time, as failure to do so may result in an extended wait. Your booking confirmation alone will not provide you with immediate entry into Cadbury World. (If you have booked the first entry time of the day, please arrive at that time of your booking, when doors will open
- If your admission ticket for Cadbury World is for 2.30pm or later, we would recommend that you arrive 1.5 hours earlier to have time to enjoy the 4D Chocolate Adventure, the Bournville Experience and the African Adventure play area before you enter the main exhibition.
- If tickets are purchased on behalf of others, the purchaser accepts that these Terms and Conditions apply to each person in the group. The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Terms and Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made.
- Group Organisers/tour managers are permitted one free admission to Cadbury World when bringing 20 or more paying people.
- Coach drivers are given free admission for groups of 15 or more paying people. Please note that refreshments for drivers are not provided.
- Groups who do not book in advance, or are below 15 paying people will not be able to take advantage of our group benefits and will pay full price admission.
- For school and uniformed groups e.g. Scouts and Brownies, one free place is given for every 8 paying children.
- Free parking is available on site.
- Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk and neither Cadbury World nor its affiliates are responsible for any damage to vehicles using the car park.
- Due to safety regulations pushchairs are not permitted on the upper floor of the attraction - a pushchair park is provided.
- Toilets, accessible toilets, baby changing facilities and a Changing Places facility are located around Cadbury World. See here for accessibility information.
- During term time, school and college groups will be on site throughout the day.
- Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of "force majeure". In these Terms and Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited inside Cadbury World. Should visitors wish to smoke, there are external designated smoking areas on site.
- Animals: Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in Cadbury World (except for assistance dogs) and, for the avoidance of doubt, should not be left in any vehicle parked at the car park.
- Photography: Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordings within the experience provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that Cadbury World may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to or infringe the privacy of other visitors and/or staff. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within Cadbury World. From time to time we or our authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording in the exhibition, which may feature visitors. Entry to Cadbury World is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and you therefore agree that Cadbury World or its affiliates or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Cadbury World or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- By entering Cadbury World, visitors accept that they have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure their own safety, taking into account any personal medical conditions. All persons in and around Cadbury World should behave in a safe manner at all times.
- Our Liability: Cadbury World and its affiliates accept no responsibility for any loss and/or damage suffered by visitors as a result of the visitor's failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or any event outside our control (including any distress, inconvenience, anxiety or loss of enjoyment arising from the evacuation of the exhibition). This does not affect any visitor's statutory rights or any liability of Cadbury World or which cannot be excluded by law.
- We reserve the right to prevent entry to Cadbury World and/or to remove anyone from the premises whose behaviour is inappropriate and/or undesirable and which may affect the safety and enjoyment of our staff or other guests, and/or any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, without the right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that we may have against such a person or arising out of their actions.
- CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of Cadbury World. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. All items, belongings and other property brought into Cadbury World by visitors are at their own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that visitors do not bring valuables to Cadbury World.
- We reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and/or change the zones that are open and/or to change our opening hours and/or to vary these Terms and Conditions.
- We, in our absolute discretion reserve the right to close the whole or any part of Cadbury World at any time or to restrict the number of people having access to Cadbury World. The reason for any closure or restriction may include capacity, adverse weather conditions, technical or operational reasons, Government Order, public health emergency, special events or to ensure the safety of our guests, or for any reason that Cadbury World reasonably considers the circumstances so require. For Tickets purchased in advance, if Cadbury World is closed for any of the reasons set out above, we may offer replacement tickets for admission to Cadbury World on an alternative date or instead offer, at our discretion, a full refund. Cadbury World will not cover any costs for transport or accommodation if there is a need to close at any time for the reasons stated above. Please do keep an eye on our website and our social media pages for any relevant updates.
- Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to Cadbury World, you must immediately inform us. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Guest Experience Team at Cadbury World, within 28 days of the end of the visit giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Cadbury World x The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Competition
- 2 adult and 2 children General Admission tickets to Cadbury World, valid for use until 30th December 2023, subject to availability.
- 2 adult and 2 child tickets to any 7pm performance of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at The Birmingham Rep up until 31st December 2023, excluding Fri 22nd and Sat 23rd December, subject to availability and excluding premium seats
- Food, beverages, transport, accommodation and insurance are not included in the prize.
- All entries must be submitted via an Instagram comment on the relevant post. No purchase necessary
- The prize draw will take place at 12pm on Friday 24th November 2023
- Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per person. Multiple entries will not be counted. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions are open to UK residents only.
- Employees of Cadbury World, The Birmingham Rep or any associated company are not eligible to enter.
- One winner from qualifying entries will be picked at random from all eligible entries by a computer process.
- Winners will be contacted via Instagram DM and asked to email to claim their prize.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Merlin Entertainments reserve the right to use the names of winners in any publicity.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- cadburyworld.co.uk is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
- In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact within any winner within 7 days of the draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner.
- The prize can only be used as stipulated, are not transferable to another individual and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way. Sale of the prize for profit is prohibited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or ticket. The prize must be taken as a complete package. Any purported or attempted transfer or sale of or other misuse of the day entry tickets will render them automatically void.
- The winner and their companions are responsible for any expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel arrangements within the UK, facilities at the attractions, spending money, telephone calls, personal items, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental costs, any additional hotel rooms, all alcoholic drinks, meals or refreshments, or taxes or expenses which may be incurred by the winners in claiming the prizes.
- Prizes are subject to availability and subject to Cadbury World’s terms and conditions.
- In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, Cadbury World reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the prizes at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Cadbury World reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Tickets will be dated.
- Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain shows and attractions. Cadbury World reserves the right to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of shows and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including overcapacity..
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to supply the correct personal information and the correct postal address. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of prizes caused by the provision of wrong information, postal disputes or other causes beyond its control.
- By taking part in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by any winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.